Thursday, March 29, 2012

When you wish upon a clock...

Goal #42: Make a wish at 11:11 on 11/11/11. Check.


I can vividly remember making a wish at 11:11am on November 11, 1999 in the choir room at Fairview High School, and it came true that day. If that's not magic, I don't know what is.


Unfortunately, I don't think any of my other 11:11 wishes have come true. Maybe it was the magical number combination of the day - 11/11/99 - that made it work. So, in this line of totally logical and reasonable thought, 11/11/11 must be extra, extra magical. It's something that I have (no joke) looked forward to for a long time.


The best part of making my 11:11am wish on this day was that I included my students in it. They are firm believers in magic (as well as Santa, ghosts, leprechauns, and the tooth fairy). We talked about the importance of not sharing your wish with others, and we did a count down when it got down to the minute. It was glorious.


The best part of making my 11:11pm wish was that I was in California. I flew that evening to San Francisco for my friend Erin Johnson's wedding. I intentionally pulled the car over in front of the hotel to make sure I made a wish during that minute. And I took this picture:




I'm not telling you what I wished for. Duh. It hasn't come true yet, but I included a one-year time limit in my wish, so there's still time for the magic to happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment