Sunday, August 5, 2012

Mississippi Makes Three

I just tried to count, and I think I've been to 35 states now. I don't count layovers in airports, but I do include driving through on road trips. Eventually I'd like to go to all 50, and as a start to this, I made goal #34: travel to 3 new states. In the last year, I completed this by traveling to Maryland, Virginia, and Mississippi.


Last October, my wonderful father took me on a trip to Washington D.C. which was nicely a two bird killer with Virginia and Maryland. We spent four days walking miles miles through the city, sightseeing at all of the typical patriotic places. Want to see some pictures? 


Julia Child's kitchen at the Smithsonian. For Lawrence.

In front of my friend Barack's house

Lincoln Memorial

Mt. Vernon. My dad has a massive man crush on George Washington.

Arlington National Cemetery

This June, I got to check off my third new state with a trip to Mississippi.  I went with about 70 high school students on a mission trip to do hurricane relief work in Hancock County. Let me tell you, I feel like I got to know Southern rural Mississippi pretty well. The first work day of the trip, I went on a little drive to urgent care with a couple of students and another leader, and we may have gotten slightly lost on the backroads. A couple of days later, I drove another student to the ER and got to know the state even better. More pics? Okay.

Cool kids on a roof.

My family group! 

Mississippi beach with my favorite ladies

Okay, great. 15 more states to go. I'm on it.


No comments:

Post a Comment