Sunday, August 5, 2012

#Vegas #NoFilter #PhenomenallyPretty

Have I told you about how much I love Jess Menard Brown? Jess and I were acquaintance friends in high school, but became real besties in college when we bonded over a shared love of Titanic, Romeo + Juliet, and basically just all things Leonardo DiCaprio. Jess is one of the wittiest, most fun, and most insightful and caring friends I've ever known. She is also my favorite person to go to Las Vegas with. We've been together twice before this year, and we always share the same end goals: dance, play craps, hunt for celebs, dance some more, and have fun fun fun. This is why I made a goal (#74) to go to Vegas with Jess again. Duh.


Our sophomore year of college, Jess and I had the pleasure of living with two of the most amazing women I've ever known - Vic and Amy. The four of us had a super fun apartment full of art walls, Indian accents, inappropriate jokes, and Homestar Runner. Over the years, we haven't been the best at keeping in touch, but have always remained special and close in one another's hearts.

At this point in time, we're pretty spread out all over the country. Jess and husband Andy live in Florida, Amy and husband Mike live here in Colorado, and Vic and husband Justin and children Moriah and Jadon live in California. Earlier this Spring, Vic called me with the brilliant idea of having a roommate reunion weekend in Vegas, and I could not have been more excited. By some miracle, it worked out perfectly that everyone could make it, and it turned out to be one of the best weekends of my whole life. I'm not even exaggerating.

It's hard to explain the amount of love I feel for and from these ladies. We are so easily able to pick up right where we left off, even if we haven't talked in months. Our weekend was filled with nothing but fun, laughter, grace, and joy. No bad moods, no conflict, no tension. On top of that, we had some real treats: an incredible dinner at Tao with a visit from the head chef, a fifth row viewing of Celine Dion in concert (!!!!!!!!!!!!!), and making new friends with Jess's sister-in-law Annie (#bestfriendannie). Not to mention a whole new batch of inside jokes and an ironic obsession with hashtags. #tatas.


Drinks at Tao!

In da club

My favorite photo of my supermodel friends

Pool time #bootyshaking

Delish dinner with #bestfriendannie too

This is how deep my love for Jess goes. Renewed Vows.

One last thing to illustrate how amazing these friends are: 

For my 15th or 16th birthday, my friend Caitlin got me a pearl from an Oyster in Vegas and gave it to me as a necklace, which I then wore every day for the rest of time. A couple of months ago, I lost my pearl. I can't even tell you how deeply saddened I was about this. While in Vegas, I saw a pearl place and told Jess and Amy my sob story. The next day, the three best friends that anyone could have went out to get breakfast while I spent some extra time in bed. When they came back, they gave me a surprise: a new pearl they had picked out for me. It was the most meaningful gift anyone could have given me, and I spent that whole afternoon crying because I love them so much. Goodness gracious, I am blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment