Sunday, January 1, 2012

I heart Peeta

I did a lot of driving during the month of September. I had the exciting, strange, and tumultuous opportunity of working on a movie that was filming up in Nederland. (Side note: if I had thought it was at all possible, I would have made a goal about working on a movie. It was a life dream that I never thought would actually happen.) So while the movie was filming, I had the super fancy job of running errands all over Denver and Boulder, filling my car to the brim with goods from Costco, and making deliveries up to Nederland. Glamorous.

At the same time, part of my "Assistant to the Executive Producer" title included watching her truly awesome kids. One of them was reading The Hunger Games, and I agreed to read it along with her so that I could ultimately help her with a big book report she was doing. Given that I was driving an average of 2 hours a day, and had little time for actual reading, it seemed like the perfect time to complete goal #76: Listen to an audio book.

I absolutely loved the book (and the whole series), but I have to say that I wasn't a big fan of listening to it. I just didn't love the narrator, and I could tell that she spoke the dialogue differently than I would in my head. But I did love listening to it while I drove, and it definitely made the time go by much faster. If I have a job that requires a long commute again, God forbid, I would surely consider listening to books to pass the time. 

p.s. Read The Hunger Games if you haven't. You'll be happy you did. You're welcome. 


No comments:

Post a Comment